Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

First Anniversary!

Yes, I know, there is much to catch up on, but I thought I would skip ahead a bit remind everyone that Chris and I just passed our first year mark five days ago on September 15th!  Yahoo!


It's been awesome and stupendous every step of the way.  Now only 59 more to go to catch up to my grandparents...


We decided to take a quick trip up to Park City in honor of our mini honeymoon and to also see if we could use that amazing hot air balloon ride my uncle gave us as a wedding gift.  Although it was a no go due to the weather, we still had a great time cheering on our Ducks against Tennessee at the Collie's Sports Bar & Grill.


On Sunday we had breakfast at The Bridge and dined on french toast and mimosas.


Then we hit the Park Silly Market and wandered about checking out the booths.  There was a mini farmers market even, where I managed to snag a pound of garlic to plant in my garden.  Success!  They have some great entertaining and food booths there also.


We managed to get someone to snag a few pictures from up on the bridge before we hit the road.



And one selfie of course!


Instead of heading straight home after, we headed to Salt Lake City to check out the Leonardo Museum's latest exhibit which featured 101 Inventions that changed the World.  Gotta say that it was a bit disappointing.  Usually they are much more interactive, but this one was basically a video that ran through all the inventions and their creators.  Whomp whomp.

*Sidenote: There was also a recycling exhibit upstairs though, which prompted me when I got home to look into our recycling program here in Springville.  Guess who is finally signed up?!?!  And to everyone who is questioning why we weren't in the first place, they were going through a change in companies...hence why I got a crazy I have no idea when you can sign up/if ever answer when I called last year and got extremely confused.

After the exhibit we toured a sculpture garden tucked away in the middle of the city that was pretty neat.  Forgetting how long Salt Lake blocks were though, we found ourselves tired and hot from walking and decided to do an early dinner at a nice Italian restaurant near Trolley Square.  Originally we wanted to do a nice dinner at a restaurant called Chef's Table in Provo.  We did Valentine's there a few years back and it was wonderful.  However, wouldn't ya know, they are closed on Sundays.  Hmmppff.

So of course we decided to extend our anniversary for one more day and went on Monday.  It was amazingly delicious.  I dined on the most scrumpcious steak I've ever had in my life.  The blackberry sauce was TO DIE FOR.  Near the end of our meal we got the pleasure of eavesdropping on Utah governor Gary Herbert at the table next to us.  It was quite inspiring.  *COUGH*  Wouldn't ya know though...I forgot to take a picture of us all dressed up!!! We looked very fancy, let me tell you!

Now only 360 days until I get to treat myself to that steak again...oh and celebrate with my loving, amazing, handsome husband!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Makes me a very happy momma. Happy Anniversary! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete