Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Open Shelves

Looking at the large open space above my new cabinets, I really wanted to figure out a way to make it pretty, yet functional at the same time.  And, of course, it needed to be cheap since I was on a wedding budget.  Digging through my old pile of deco left over from years of living at various apartments, I found three black shelves that I had purchased from Target and used for setting bridge pictures on.  They would be perfect for setting some of my new dishes and glasses on since I was running out of cabinet space.


Unfortunately, they were black like everything else I bought in the past so it was time to bust out the old furniture paint.  I opted for white to take a break from all my turquoise.


After I begged asked Chris politely to hook them to the wall for me, I realized they were way too spaced apart and had to redo them myself.  Whomp, whomp.

Second time was the charm and the spacing looked great!


All that was left was to put some of my new dishes on them and admire.


Love my new Fiestaware and cocktail glasses!


Now I'm debating if I should hang my E A T letters in the area over the light switch rather than have them on hutch...

No comments:

Post a Comment