Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome to Utah!

So after a one day delay I finally made my way to Springville, Utah.  On the road with me was my best friend, Kristen, my cat fluff, Farrah, and my parents driving the Budget truck.   We stopped overnight in Boise and ate at a delicious restaurant called Flatbread Community Oven.  They have delicious pizzas as well as amazing Mac' N' Cheese.  Highly recommended for anyone vacationing, stopping through, or moving there (*cough* Katie).

Almost there!

The next day we saw this fabulous sign as we made our way through some extremely boring, flat landscape.  Since we had gotten on the road at a decent hour, we got into Springville around 4:00pm on Saturday, June 9th.  One perk about getting in on Saturday was that Chris was there to greet us!

Old pic that Chris took, I'll get an updated one soon!

We managed to get everything unpacked that night from the truck so dad and Chris returned it that night.  This left us with one disastrous living room.  Sadly, I failed to take a picture of the chaos.  No chance to wow you with the makeover once we are done.

Kristen and my mother stayed with us for one night before taking off Sunday evening.  We opted to do some exploring around the area rather than bother with any unpacking.  We drove through the small town of Springville and noticed a few new restaurants that Chris and I hadn't been to yet.  We also found out where the closest golf course is, so we can hopefully get over there a few times this summer.  Perhaps take some much needed lessons!

Next stop was BYU campus.  I had actually not toured it myself even.  Amazing since Chris lived in an apartment just across the street for one year.  Lots of people were dressed up in their Sunday best...not us...we stuck out like sore thumbs.   Kristen and I agreed that Oregon campus was WAY prettier.  There were no old fashioned buildings and grand oaks and cedars on display.  Although, they do have a magnificent underground library that puts Knight library to shame.  We took a few pictures with the statues on campus.  Here's one of my favorites courtesy of Kristen:

BYU Campus

Later that day it was very tough to say goodbye.  I've never lived anywhere outside of Oregon for more than 4 months.   Luckily I get to keep my dad with me for another 5 days.  He was kind enough take some time off from his busy schedule at home (that whole retired thing helps a bit) to hang out here and help out with home improvements.  Of course it started out as helping us build a patio.  That quickly turned into redoing the master closet when we realized I have too many clothes and we would never fit everything in the way it was set up.  Then of course I needed another cabinet in the kitchen because I have too much tupperware.  And then I wanted to paint the kitchen.  And then paint my craft room. And then the closet. And then the living room.  SOOOO needless to say, the patio is on the backburner at the moment.  We'll probably get to it later in the fall after the wedding or perhaps next year.

I'll slowly get you guys caught up on the improvements we've done thus far.  It's time for me to put down my paintbrush for awhile and get cracking on my wedding invites.  My new letterpress starter kit has been calling my name since before I moved.  I finally busted it open tonight and can't stop staring...just thinking about all there is to do.  Wedding in less than 3 months! Eeks.  I swear I'll get organized here soon and get my to dos all done/delegated.

Looking forward to filling you all in more tomorrow on the home updates!

6 comments:

  1. Love it, Laura! Can't wait to follow your adventures in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I'm so happy you started a blog. I am glad I will be updated with your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, that first reply was from your future MIL. Let's see if I can figure out how to get a profile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world! My boss lived near there and his son is going to BYU so if I hear of any great places to eat or things to do in the area, I'll be sure to pass them along :)

    ReplyDelete