Today I went heisting at Walgreens. This is term Chris affectionately calls my couponing trips now. Walgreens is where you can have the most fun by rolling reward points they give you on some of their products as well as manufacturer coupon printouts they give you for buying certain items on sale that week. I saw that today's weekly ad had A TON of good stuff in it that I could get for free or make money on by combining their sale with my coupons and all the other stuff aforementioned. Plus there were some other things that were just crazy cheap.
I started my trip out with the equivalent of $27 in reward money to spend. This had all been slowly built up over the course of the last month from other deals being moneymakers. After the trip I now have about $20 due to the items I purchased almost all giving me back rewards.
Here is my haul:
(3) Dr Pepper TEN Soda, 2 L
(3) Butterball Chicken Broth, 14.5 oz
(1) Original Starburst Jellybeans, 14 oz (not pictured because it may or may not be opened already)
(1) Sweethearts Candy
(2) Oral-B Pro-Health Toothbrushes
(2) Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste, 6 oz
(3) Crest Mouthwash, 16.9 oz
(3) Nexcare Blister Waterproof Bandages, 6 ct
(5) U by Kotex Click Tampons, 18 ct
(1) Sleep Right Nasal Breathe Aid, 3 ct
(1) Morton Epsom Salt, 4 lbs
(1) Allergease Lozenges, 21 ct
(4) Glade Decor Scents Refills
(4) Nice! Toilet Bowl Tablet, 1.7 oz
(2) Comet, 14 oz
Total before coupons: $131.21
Total after coupons: $5.93 + tax (yeah, I miss Oregon)
Seriously. I actually got up and went right when they opened to make sure I got all the deals. There was already another crazy coupon lady in there. I snagged some of the last things on the shelves, so it was totally worth my Sunday sleep in sacrifice.
Now does that deal make you wanna coupon or what?! ;)